For many organizations, investing in, managing and supporting a business PC network infrastructure has become unsustainable. And its this existing investment in thousands of PCs that - in the long term - prevents a move to more affordable cost-effective thin clients and an easier to manage virtualized computing environment.
Wyse PC Extender resolves this issue by extending the life of legacy PC 'capital assets' as reconfigured and fully-optimized thin clients, which in turn, also eliminates expensive support and management costs.
With Wyse PC Extender, organizations can now access the benefits of a secure, cost effective virtualized computing environment today, with a seamless PC-to-thin client transition strategy in place for tomorrow.
Wyse PC Extender delivers a dependable, secure and consistent user experience across a diverse range of hardware. Its easy to deploy and maintain too - without the need for management Software, and thousands of devices can be centrally configured and securely updated without any manual interaction. If however, a more 'hands-on' approach to management is required, such as asset tracking or reporting - then Wyse Device Manager software is ideally suited.
Enterprise-quality device and data security is assured, as Wyse PC Extender is built from the very same software found in Wyse thin clients. It features a read-only file system, device lock-down and VPN support to help protect against data theft and/or loss.
- Innovative Wyse technology reconfigures existing PCs into optimized thin clients.
- Provides a seamless transition strategy to high-performance Wyse thin clients.
- No need for management software.
- Eliminates costly PC management regimes.
- Automates configuration and updates.
- Read-only file system.
- Configurable lock-down capabilities.
- Microsoft covenant/agreement ensures peace of mind for the enterprise.
- Support for latest protocols including Citrix HDX, Microsoft RDP and VMware PCoIP.
- Built-in support for the Wyse TCX Suite and Wyse Virtual Desktop Accelerator virtualization software (an additional license is required) to further enhance HDX and RDP connections.